Father. Husband. Manager. Engineer.
I seek for respect not the attention, it last longer.
Did you know that 90% of digital "data" ever created was created in last 2 years?
I’m inspired by possibility to change the way people look on world by processing, analyzing and visualizing the digital data. A virtual representation (digital twin) of any physical asset or process can be used to understand and predict the counterpart’s performance. The future is digital, where most of decision is and will be taken in front of the screens.
• A planner who recognize and eliminate all the obstacles that are on the way to achieve a goal set for my team.
• A people-oriented leader with a strong ability to lead by example and to set and protect priorities.
• A productive leader with ability to build efficient teams and environment in which great ideas can happen.
• A visionary with the ability to set and communicate future goals intended to drive our business aspirations forwards.
• An influencer which makes an impact; motivating others and executing well-structured processes.
• A leader that understands the possibilities that lies within both hardware and software, always searching to optimize the balance, contributing to a system architecture that drives efficiency and reduces complexity.
• Analytical and comfortable with establishing business models and making data-based decision.
• Purpose-driven with a strong desire to develop solutions.
In free time I enjoy trading and investing in digital assets (aka. "cryptocurrencies"), exploring blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies as my hobbies.
Leader of data processing and product development
TerraTec AS, Oslo, Norway, 2020 - present
• Leader of data processing production (airborne and mobile mapping), responsible for engineering team in Oslo office, TerraTec Group processing subsidiaries and outsourcing partners in five countries.
• Management of the product development process or enhancing existing products to meet customer expectations effectively. Researching, developing proposals, and supervise the design process.
• Development manager and product owner for MAPSPACE (www.mapspace.com) application developed by daughter company in Spain. Complete re-design and re-building the application with high-level and long-term perspective, creating a vision for development with focus on adding value and scaling it for new markets, products and clients.
• Business development in international markets.
Production Manager Processing
TerraTec AS, Oslo, Norway, 2015 - 2019
Production management for data processing & engineering team in Oslo office, TerraTec processing subsidiaries and outsourcing partners. Scheduling, optimizing, utilizing, allocating the processing resources & activities. Overseeing, identifying and resolving bottlenecks in day to day production pipeline for engineering processes. Outsourcing relationship management, planning, QC/QA and supply chain management. Business & product development.
Production Manager LiDAR/MMS
TerraTec, Oslo, Norway, 2011 - 2014
Production & outsourcing management for Airborne LiDAR & Mobile Mapping projects. Scheduling, optimizing, utilizing, allocating the processing resources & activities. R&D and product development for 3D cities modelling. QC/QA and Outsourcing Management. "TerraView" software architecture and product development.
Department & Production Manager
Gispro, Szczecin, Poland, 2009 - 2010
Management of the department production and finance. Business management/strategy, tender bid preparation. Contacts with clients, sales, marketing, PR, HR. Project and Production supervisor, new solutions & products development, Implementation first in Poland MMS/MLS (Mobile Mapping System & Mobile Laser Scanning), Website administration.
Geo-System, Warsaw, Poland, 2008
Contract work during my collage education: 3D Modeling for Google Earth. GIS implementation in iGeoMap technology
Vienna University of Technology
Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing, 2009
Final year and MSc written in Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation of TU Vienna.
Warsaw University of Technology
Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing, 2004 - 2009
Five years Master program in Geodesy and Cartography with speciality in Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing. Graduated with MSc Diploma about: "Modelling of buildings with the use of multi source photogrammetric data" in top 3 students in photogrammetry & remote sensing speciality.
Technical School of Surveying
Geodesy & Cartography, 1999-2004
Technician diploma in Geodesy and Cartography (Zespół Szkół Geodezyjno-Technicznych w Łodzi). Received four times scholarship from Prime Minister's for outstanding performance and grades. Participated twice in national geodesy & cartography olypmiad, both times ended as finalist and won free entry to any technical university in Poland already in junior and repeated in senior year.
Relevant publications and public presentations:
Chapter about methodology of data capture, processing and QC of LiDAR data,
Quality control of first dataset collected in National LiDAR project in Poland, "ISOK" I analyzed coverage, point density, matching and classification across various blocks delivered by all contractors. Article was focused around homogeneity of the final product and awareness of potential in such national dataset.
Article about rapidly implemented new technologies in innovative company Gispro, including Mobile Mapping System and Airborne Photogrammetry Platform.
Presentation of potential in Mobile Mapping Technology. Including detail presentation of experience with highway profiling, mapping and 3D modeling. First mobile laser scanning on rail road or sea cost monitoring.
Introduction to photorealistic 3D cities modeling technologies, based on experience with working in Geo-System and supplying 3D models for Google Earth.
Relevant other education and course work
Distance management in practice
This course focuses on methods and techniques for how to lead, motivate, create results and a good working environment when there are physical and geographical distances between you and those you lead.
MIT: Deep Learning for Self-Driving Cars
Online series of lectures covering introduction to the practice of deep learning through the applied theme of building a self-driving car. Including coding tutorials and fundementals of TensorFlow open source machine learning platform.
Master in managing change processes
This course provided core competencies on how to manage change processes, both at the individual, team, and organizational levels. What does it take to get a group of people going at the same pace and in the same direction.
How to lead without being the boss
The course was focusing on how to manage and motivate a group towards a common goal without being boss. Involved hands-on management, delegation, objective definition, communication and networking.
40h course developed a foundation of concepts and solutions that supports the planning, scheduling, controlling, resource allocation, and performance measurement activities required for successful completion of a project.
Human resource management
40h course examined the role of the human resource professional as a strategic partner in managing today's organizations. Key functions such as recruitment, selection, development, appraisal, retention, compensation, and labor relations were examined.
Thoughtsthat define me well
CFO: what will happen if we invest into our people and they leave us?
CEO: what happens if we don't and they will stay?
If You want to go fast, go alone. If You want to go far, go with others.
Seek for respect not the attention, it last longer.
Make more moves and less announcements
Your mind is like a bank, what you deposit is what you can withdraw.
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
Success is a journey not a finish line
I have never met a strong person with an easy past
It takes very powerful man to be with a powerful woman.
A man with dreams needs a women with a vision
Remember why you started